Economic Development Committee Meeting
The Economic Development Committee of the National City Chamber of Commerce focuses on promoting economic development in National City through the development and implementation of projects, programs, and policies that stimulate economic growth and prosperity, enhance community development initiatives, leading to improved quality of life.
- Chair, Carla Holland, SBDC
- Co-Chair, Karen McManus, Banner Bank
- Secretary, Carla Leal, Cox Communications
The National City Chamber of Commerce values member engagement and is here to support your growth prospects. In order to better understand your proposal, we request important summary information regarding your proposed agenda item. Request for Chamber Support must be made per the following submission deadlines.
· Submit proposed action item no later than 2 weeks before meeting date.
· Follow Up with Chamber Office at least one week before submission deadline, by phone at (619) 477-9339, to confirm your availability.
· Completely fill out and submit the "Public Policy Request Form" to email@example.com. Clearly state what you are requesting from the Chamber. Ex. Policy Support, Letter, Testimony, Educational, etc.)
· Await confirmation from Chamber office.
· Email your presentation at least 3 days before meeting date.
· Arrive 15 minutes before your presentation time.
· Presentation is limited to 5-10 minutes, with up to 5 minutes Q&A. Due to time limitations, we ask that presenters provide information in a concise manner, and clearly define their "ask" of the committee.
· The committee will study the agenda item, may ask questions, and then deliberate based on consensus building.
· The committee's decision will be communicated to the full Chamber Board.
· At the Board's next regularly scheduled meeting, the Econ. Dev. Committee Chairperson will present the committee's recommendation and seek approval from the board.
· The Board may accept, reject, or maintain a neutral position on the policy item.
· As a 501 c(6) nonprofit organization, the Chamber does not endorse political candidates and will not entertain requests for political support. We are focused on policies, projects, and partnerships.
Thank you for adhering to our policy guidelines.
Please contact Jacqueline Reynoso, President & CEO, and Economic Development Committee Chairperson, Carla Holland, should you have any questions or requests.
Jacqueline Reynoso: (619) 890-6614 / firstname.lastname@example.org