Programs & Services
Four dozen ways we can help you build your business.
Business & Professional Development
We help build businesses by helping build the business environment through a range of offerings tailored to the needs of our members:
- * Business education courses and leadership training
- * Participation on NCCC Committees: Economic Development, Business and Membership Development, Special Events
- * Complimentary SCORE business counseling
- * Complimentary business counseling at the Small Business Development Center
We open doors for your organization with programs that to access capital and resources to help you grow.
- *Organize City Development Tours
- * Access to Cal Competes Tax credit
- * Access to free Technical Assistance
- * Access to Capital
- * Job Postings and Job Fairs
- * Access to Business Outreach, Attraction and Retention (O.A.R.) Program
- * National City Green Business Program
- * National City Chamber Career Center
Marketing and Networking
We give you frequent ways to meet potential customers and keep in regular touch with them through regular activities that let you and your organization see and be seen.
- * Listing in online and printed membership directory
- * Proud Member logo available for individual business website
- * Chamber Hot Deals section to offer discounts and promotions
- * Cost effective advertising on Chamber website and email marketing
- * Monthly mailers to all Chamber members and community partners
- * Bi-Monthly Chamber breakfast meetings
- * Local and regional business mixers
- * Serving as a Chamber Ambassador
Public Policy & Access to Legislators
We advocate for you both locally and in Sacramento with a docket of efforts designed to inform wise public policy when it comes to business.
- * Access to City Managers Round Table
- * Legislative advocacy
- * Participation on Economic Development Committee
- * Input into local planning processes
- * Direct access to representative offices
- * Public Policy Manual
We help you promote your organization with ways to get the word out that are targeted and effective.
- * Free listing on Chamber’s Website
- * Referrals to your business
- * Display of your business cards in Chamber lobby
- * Complimentary Ribbon Cutting for new business
- * Grand Openings
- * Business event calendar listings on website
We offer the most cost-effective advertising opportunities you are likely to find anywhere, and you can build a strong advertising program by taking advantage of them.
- * Community Business Directory
- * Advertise in visitnationalcity.com
- * National City Map
- * Chamber Website
- * Chamber Newsletter
- * Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
When you need help assessing your market(s) or reaching them easily, we are there with resources that can put you in direct touch with your best customers.
- * Local demographic statistics
- * Major employer list
- * Membership labels
Direct Cost Savings
As a chamber member, you can access many free services and discounts that save you real money.
- * Member only Association Benefits
- * Complimentary Notary Services (limit 1 per month)
- * Chamber member-to-member discount and rebate programs
- * Free Certificates of Origin
- * Discounted local room rates at select area hotels
- * Complimentary job postings
- * Chamber Conference Room and Courtyard rental with special rates for members
Regular Chamber Programs
As a chamber member, you can keep abreast of what’s happening by taking part in many informational and networking events that help you and your business see and be seen.
- * Educational Breakfast Series Bi-Monthly
- * Maximize your Membership Quarterly
- * State of the Chamber Address Annually
- * Each new member receives a membership plaque, one free business card ad in Chamber Newsletter, and one mailing of an advertising flyer to all Chamber members.
- * Access to annual events:
- Automobile Heritage Festival and Car Show, August
- Salute to Navy Luncheon, October
- Installation Dinner, January
- National City Mariachi Festival and Competition, March
- Career Pathways to Success Job Fair, April
- Kile Morgan Golf Tournament, July
- National City Ice Skating Rink, December