A CLASS ELECTRICIAN- SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years of experience in AC/DC installations required
- Proficient with electrical systems including but not limited to machinery shutdown / navigational communications / internal communications / PLC Systems.
- Experienced level of termination skills of AC/DC and control systems.
- Sound knowledge in the installation of cabling systems to meet marine class society, Navy and Coast Guard regulations.
- Interpretations of electrical schematics and documentation.
- Formal Electrical training through an apprenticeship or comparable program is preferred
- Shipbuilding experience is preferred
- Knowledge of commissioning AC/DC and control systems is preferred
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required or two years maritime experience
- Must be able to travel to off-site work locations
- Must follow Off-Site Temporary Assignment Policy (SUP270)