Under direction, perform a variety of specialized and difficult secretarial and clerical duties for a department head requiring knowledge of the specialized subject matter, and perform related duties as required.
ALTERNATIVE WORK SCHEDULE:
City employees work a 4/10 workweek, Monday through Thursday, 7 am to 6 pm. City offices are closed on Fridays.
This position will be getting a salary increase of 4.08% in January 2023 and 2024.
The following duties and responsibilities are representative of those typically performed by positions assigned to this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these duties and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Types correspondence, forms, reports, requisitions, and other related materials from rough draft, marginal notes, machine recordings, or oral instructions.
- Takes and transcribes minutes of conferences and meetings.
- Maintains calendars and schedules and coordinates meetings.
- Performs routine administrative duties such as scheduling, timekeeping, and personnel and budgetary details.
- Composes routine letters.
- Maintains confidential files, records, and logs.
- Screens visitors and telephone calls by furnishing information requested or by referring to appropriate source.
- Operates word processing equipment to store and retrieve information and to prepare correspondence and reports.
- Provides routine information to the public and other governmental officials and agencies.
- Acts as intermediary on assigned matters with the staff of City departments.
- Reviews materials submitted to determine that all relevant data, signatures, and other required details are included.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates subordinate clerical personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in office practices, typing, and stenography; and
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible clerical and secretarial experience involving frequent public contact.