Under general supervision, to perform a variety of manual tasks in the repair and maintenance of City streets, sewers, and other Public Works facilities; and perform related duties as required. Position may be assigned duties on a variety of crews, such as street, sewer or facilities maintenance, and others.
ALTERNATIVE WORK SCHEDULE:
This position typically works a 4/10 workweek from 6:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday. City offices are closed on Fridays. All Crew Members have the responsibility to work Standby Duties, which consist of a 2 person, 1 week rotation, where they must be available to respond to after hours and weekend emergency call outs. There is an additional “Quality of Life Crew” rotation of an added 5/8 workweek from 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
With an annual performance evaluation rating of satisfactory or above, this position will be getting a salary increase of 5.82% in January of 2024.
The following duties and responsibilities are representative of those typically performed by positions assigned to this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these duties and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
Apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nationalca/jobs/3863929/maintenance-worker/apply?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Prepares surfaces for paving, mixes cement, and breaks up paved surfaces.
- Uses such hand tools as shovels, rakes, jackhammer, and tamper.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Excavates and fills trenches and ditches.
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled and unskilled street and sewer maintenance and construction duties;.
- Cleans, operates, and performs minor maintenance work on equipment and facilities.
- Assists in rodding, cleaning, repairing, and replacing sewer lines.
- Assists in cement work to build curbs and sidewalks; cleans and cares for tools and equipment; responds to emergency calls.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- This position will be required to work standby duties.