MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
The following duties and responsibilities are representative of those typically performed by positions assigned to this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these duties and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here.
- Provides administrative support functions for assigned programs, including budgeting and financial tracking
- Collects, compiles, and analyzes information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics related to programs administered
- Conducts surveys and performs research and statistical analysis on issues as assigned
- Provides information and assistance to the public
- Prepares correspondence, memos, policies and procedures, agreements, grant applications, and other materials
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budgets
- Assists with contract administration
- Represents the City in community and professional meetings
- Assists in designing, coordinating, and implementing projects and programs as assigned
- Serves as member, liaison, or staff to boards, commissions, agencies, and various intradepartmental committees as assigned
- Participates or takes a lead role in the development of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department
- Provides internal support for financial enterprise resource planning software system
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university; and
- At least two (2) years of experience performing administrative/analytic duties.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is highly desirable and may substitute for up to one (1) year of experience
- Knowledge of governmental accounting principles