Lead Emergency Medical Technician(EMT)
The Lead Emergency Medical Technician is responsible to assist the Emergency Department Director with management of statistical reports, review of timekeeping records, maintenance of inventory and stock supplies, department meeting minutes, and other clerical duties as assigned. He/she is responsible to also fulfill the role of the EMT as needed with the assessment and basic management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of the ED staff nurse and/or physician. Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice. Assists in maintenance of a safe environment and performs under the direction and supervision of the ED Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse.
Education and Work Experience
1. High School Diploma or Equivalent or related experience required for new hires effective April 2014.
2. Basic EMT Training or E.R. experience required.
3. Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
4. Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) within six (6) months of hire and maintain current.
Facility Specific Requirements (facility may require items listed below):
1. Current ACLS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
2. Current PALS (AHA) certificate 30 days upon hire and maintain current.
3. Certified/Licensed EMT by the state certifying agency/entity required
Apply at: https://careers-primehealthcare.icims.com/jobs/109753/lead-emergency-medical-technician%28emt%29/job