QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR - SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED. Completion of trade school or apprentice program in electrical or fabrication preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a related trade with three (3) being in shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Five (5) years’ experience in QC/QA inspections. For Austal employees, four (4) years’ experience maintaining current Level II Visual Testing (VT) accepted.
- Must be NDT Level II VT qualified or capable of achieving qualification within 90 days.
- Must be NDT Level II Penetrant Testing (PT) qualified or capable of achieving qualification within 120 days.
- Familiar with NAVSEA standard items.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the willingness and ability to increase understanding of the applicable standards and requirements for the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and data.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and set tasks for self.