QUOTATIONS SPECIALIST I - SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance or related field required. 4 years’ purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotation of proposals experience may be considered lieu of degree
- 1 years purchasing, sourcing, or estimation/quotation of proposals experience required. Successful completion of Austal SCM Internship program may be substituted for 1 years of experience.
- Experience in reading drawings / specs is preferred but not a requirement.
- Preferred work experience includes performing: Material and service sourcing activities (quoting, analyzing, negotiating, reporting supplier rationalization activities).
- Computer literate, with strong proficiency in Microsoft office products, primary being Excel skills including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous individual able to work under time constraints and/ or with competing priorities.
- Willingness to be flexible with schedule as this position may require surge efforts depending on the stage and size of the proposal. Overtime and weekends may be required to meet deadlines and workload requirements. Proposal periods will include increased support as necessary.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, and work cross- functionally.
- Ability to utilize structured thought processes, anticipate consequences. Recognizes critical situations and escalate as appropriate. Demonstrates high initiative and drive to address problems and drive to resolution.
- General understanding of ERP systems and MRP logic. Basic understanding of IFS preferred; others like SAP, JD Edwards and Oracle are acceptable.
- General understanding of the Uniform Commercial Code, U.S. Government FAR, DFARS and ITAR requirements.
- General understanding of enterprise quality system functionality (e.g., ISO 9000, AS9100, TS16949, etc.)