A CLASS FITOUT TRADESMAN-SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities associated with TA and B Class status
- Layout all joiner inclusive of bulkheads, doors, ceilings, shelving, furniture, consoles and all attachments from drawings with minimal supervision.
- Prefab bulkheads, doors, ceilings, shelving, furniture, consoles and all attachments from drawings with minimal supervision
- Install bulkheads, doors, ceilings, shelving, furniture, consoles and all attachments from drawings with minimal supervision
- Mark out, shoot pins, and insulate deck head, side shells, beams, and all duct with minimal supervision
- Measure, build, and install pads with minimal supervision
- Run and cut all fittings on various pipe coverings, and lag it out- with little or no seams showing
- Run metal and operate shear and break
- Read metric and standard tape measure
- Take drawing to job site with material and work with minimal supervision
- Measure duct /fittings and install same
- Mount and install equipment such as valves, air hangers
- Lay out hangers, penos, duct, etc
- Understand the principals of interior painting and be able to accomplish same
- Functional working knowledge of blueprints and construction information
- Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental and health regulations.
- Must be willing to work with and train lower-skilled workers.
- May be assigned to work any shift.
- May be assigned additional tasks including outside the craft as required.
- Performs and executes work in compliance with NAVSEA STD Items
- Must be able to travel to off-site work locations
- Must follow Austal Off-Site Temporary Assignment Policy (SUP270)
- Must comply with the Company’s “Equal Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be professional and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) progressive years marine experience or (5) years comparable trade experience in the construction industry.
- Working knowledge of practices, methods, materials, and equipment used in cabinet making, carpentry, industrial insulation and HVAC.
- Basic mechanical skills and trades mathematics
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and blueprints
Maintain knowledge of tools and proper handling and usage:
- Table saw
- Drill press
- Radial arm saw
- Nail/ rivet gun
- Reciprocating saw
- Laminate trimmer
- Disc sanders
- CNC Shear
- CNC Break
- Iron Worker
- Rivet gun
- Cordless drill
- Compass saw
DIRECTION EXERCISED: May direct the work of Trades Assistants and/or B Class employees
Apply at: A Class Fitout Tradesman-SDCA | Austal Careers (austaljobs.com)