LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE I- SDCA IN SAN DIEGO, CA AT AUSTAL
Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal’s commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
Directly: Logistics Supervisor/Foreman or Warehouse Lead
Indirectly: Logistics Manager
SUMMARY: To receive, inspect, inventory, handle, move, issue, kit and deliver
materials in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Logistics Associates shall carry out all tasks issued by the Logistics Supervisor/
Foreman in a safe and conscientious manner, paying special attention to the quality of
workmanship and value time management constantly. Tasks may include but are not
• Receives all inbound materials and equipment by entering arrival reports and
material inspections for quantity and quality into ERP System.
• Properly counts, inspects, identifies, inventories, cycle count, marks and issues
materials through ERP System.
• Issues and inventories consumable items.
• Processes and packages equipment and materials for shipping, storage or
installation as required.
• Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision.
• Unloads and unpacks materials as they arrive on site.
• Properly inventories and marks all materials requiring storage.
• Ensures timely delivery of materials and support to the trades as directed.
• Loads/unloads supplier and Austal company vehicles for delivery of materials as
• Performs transactions in ERP system and other software systems utilizing PC
and/or wireless scanning equipment. Utilize PC for other software applications,
email and Microsoft Office (Excel/Word) as needed.
• Immediately informs Supervisor/Forman of any issues that may affect performance
or ability to fulfill required tasks.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform daily functions of
• Carries assignments in a safe and conscientious manner, paying special attention
to the quality of workmanship and values time management constantly.
• May be assigned tasks outside craft as required.
• Issues and inventories tools, includes tool engraving.
• Delivers materials and tools to the trades as required
• Assists with other duties as required
• Complies with Austal’s employee handbook general guidelines, company
procedures and policies.
• For those performing this role for Post Delivery Services and Support, the following responsibilities are required in addition to the aforementioned:
o Safely use company assets to make deliveries from the warehouse to the
Apply at: Logistics Associate I- SDCA | Austal Careers (austaljobs.com)