It is the mission of the National City Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program to promote member commitment and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber Activities and Benefits
- Informing and involving new Chamber Members to promote strong continuing membership
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber's Programs
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership
Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers from the Chamber Membership who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Activities include:
1) Present new member plaques breakfast meetings
2) Serve as a welcome committee at Chamber Events by greeting attendees
3) Attend ribbon cutting ceremonies, grand openings, and special events.
Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber.
1) Attend Chamber Orientation Meeting to learn about Chamber programs, resources, events, and engagement opportunities
2) Commit to Business Development Committee
3) Active Chamber Member in good standing
4) Recruit 2 new members per quarter
Program Benefits for the Ambassadors
- Increased name and face recognition
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-to-one with new and existing Chamber Members
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber Events
- Gain an insiders perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
- Recognition via "Ambassador of the year" and "Ambassador Spotlights"
Program Benefits for the Chamber
- Increased visibility within the community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber Members
- Ability to manage more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
Program Benefits for the Membership
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Members will feel more connected to the Chamber
Are you interested in serving as a Chamber Ambassador? If so, please contact the Chamber office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 619-477-9339.