Under direction of assigned supervisor of record, perform a full range of technical, programmatic, administrative, secretarial, advanced clerical, and routine staff and analytical duties requiring the application of specific program knowledge and administrative, secretarial, and advanced clerical skills in support of assigned program or functional area; assume on-going programmatic duties and responsibilities specific to area of assignment; provide technical support and specialized program information and assistance to assigned administrator, faculty, staff, and students; and participate in coordinating assigned programs, projects, and services.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Perform a variety of technical, administrative, advanced clerical, and routine staff and analytical duties requiring the application of specific program knowledge and administrative, secretarial, and clerical skills in support of assigned program or functional area; assume responsibility for specific program area duties.
- Serve as primary contact, liaison, and resource for assigned functions and programs with staff, students, and the general public; communicate information in person or by telephone where judgment, knowledge, and interpretation of policies and procedures are necessary; assist students and other staff in interpreting and applying program area policies and procedures; research information related to program area policies and procedures.
- Verify and review materials, applications, records, and reports for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with established regulations and procedures; apply applicable policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, and reports; collect and process appropriate information; process various applications and forms.
- Provide technical assistance in person, on the telephone, and/or on-line regarding assigned program area; explain application requirements and restrictions; provide information and forms.
- Plan and organize assigned program functions as well as administrative office support functions; coordinate, oversee, and evaluate the flow of office work and ensure that work is performed in a timely and accurate manner; review, update, and inform the supervisor and others of essential timelines; discuss and review calendar of events on a regular basis with assigned administrator to ensure timely coordination of office activities and status of assigned program functions and projects; develop schedules related to assigned program activities and services.
- Provide staff support to standing and ad hoc committees and other groups as assigned; attend meetings and take notes or record proceedings; prepare and distribute agendas, background materials, and minutes as appropriate.
- Prepare and proofread a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence, agreements, agenda items, statistical charts, and other documents and material according to established procedures, policies, and standards; type from rough draft, verbal instruction, or transcribing machine; compose correspondence independently.
- Perform a variety of general bookkeeping and clerical accounting duties and responsibilities involved in financial record keeping and reporting for assigned area; maintain a variety of accounting records, logs, and files; verify, balance, and adjust accounting records; assist with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Monitor the scheduling, staffing, and cancellation of classes in assigned programs in conjunction with Schools; coordinate registration activities for students in assigned programs; provide admissions and enrollment services to students.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Apply at: https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/4451