Community Outreach Consultant
Reporting to the Old Town National City (OTNC) Project Consultant, the OTNC Outreach Consultant will coordinate efforts to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders in National City, specifically in the Old Town/Westside area. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring outreach activities to build awareness of CHW’s commitment to the community and to gather information from residents as to how CHW can expend designated resources to support achievement of their economic and social priorities. Activities are expected to include organizing community events that facilitate conversation and feedback, attending events throughout the community to gather information, working with existing partners and stakeholders to ensure a wide variety of voices are heard, and providing acquired information to the Project Consultant to inform development of a multi-year strategic plan.
The Community Outreach Consultant will:
- Develop, implement, and monitor community outreach plan, including measurable outcomes and objectives.
- Collaborate with program staff and consultant to support outreach goals.
- Develop and maintain professional and positive working relationships with community partners, families, and providers to build awareness of the joint efforts of CHW and the City of National City to increase impact across the service area.
- Support existing partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Organize, attend, and present at non-profits, public and private spaces, neighborhood and community settings in order to connect with area residents and stakeholders who are the intended beneficiaries of the multi-year plan.
- In partnership with organization’s marketing manager, create program outreach materials, including presentations, flyers, and other agency collateral.
- Plan for, order, and track purchase of event and marketing materials that support program goals.
Minimum of 2 years related experience in program outreach.
High school diploma plus post-secondary course work (active students encouraged)
Bilingual English/Spanish and/or Tagalog: Excellent oral and written communication skills. (required)
Demonstrated experience successfully planning and managing an outreach portfolio that includes multiple projects and deliverables.
Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams). Adept in learning new technologies and software.
History of punctual and consistent attendance in the workplace.
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
Well-organized and able to self-manage competing priorities.
Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and collaborative; ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, supporters, and community members.
Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment at all times.
Knowledge of the National City community preferred.
This position is located in the field; ability to reliably travel to and around the area is required.
Ability to work flexible days as work may include occasional evenings and weekends.
Compensation: $30.00 per hour, 20 hours per week.
To apply send a cover letter and resume to Julie Rice at email@example.com.