Senior Structural Designer Engineering
We are Builders FirstSource, America’s largest supplier of building materials, value-added components and building services to the professional market. You’ll feel proud of the work you do here every day to transform the future of home building and help make the dream of home ownership more achievable. At BFS, we believe building a successful career is not solely defined by a degree. Your experience, skills, and passion are just as important, if not more so. As such, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that welcomes candidates from all backgrounds and experience levels.
At BFS, the Senior Structural Designer independently coordinates the design and completion of layouts of residential roof and floor systems for pricing and manufacturing, while performing simple and complex analyses to meet technical requirements and achieve customer goals and preferences. This dedicated senior team member regularly interacts with and provides expert recommendations to Company customers while also serving as Company’s representative to customers and other third parties in the design, purchase, and construction of residential roof and floor systems. This position requires proactive analysis and deduction skills and the exercise of discretion and independent judgement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Apply at: https://builders.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/builders/Posting/View/120762
- Serves as Company’s representative to customer and other third parties in the design, purchase, and construction of residential roof and floor systems.
- Independently performs simple and complex analyses while designing residential roof and floor systems and producing layouts.
- Interacts daily with customers while evaluating customer’s needs and the technical requirements for each job. Reviews layouts with customers, analyzes relevant information, and uses independent judgment to provide expert advice and recommendations.
- Develops and completes design details from customer concept drawings.
- Uses independent judgment and discretion in selecting design materials to be used and produce materials list per customer needs and technical requirements for each job. Performs structural alterations of buildings as needed or per customer requests and as technical requirements dictate.
- Researches and uses independent judgment and discretion while overseeing all construction design documents, construction management, and construction contracts. Determines special notes to append to contracts.
- Independently presents, coordinates, sells and follows-up on all new jobs.
- Proactively discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction base.
- Ensures conformance to all relevant building requirements and municipality building codes, if applicable.
- Independently develops solutions to challenges presented by customers within budget, schedule and project constraints.
- Designs residential roof and floor systems and produces layouts. Review layouts with customer.
- Performs job site inspections as needed.
- Independently resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
- Proactively develops and recommends implementation of new or adaptation of existing policies, practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Aids in training of new associates when required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Performs broad range of other duties as necessary in matters of significance