As a Shipping Clerk, you play an essential role by communicating with outbound transportation providers to schedule pick-up, prepare b/l, create and compile export documents. Allocate open shippers, generate labels and pick lists, verify part, description, serial number with pick list. Transact all shipment detail into ERPln.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate and correspond with domestic and international outbound transportation providers and forwarders
- Prepare export documents
- Enter export data into US gov't Automated Export System (AES)
- Process shipment detail accurately into ERPln
- Generate carrier shipping labels and pick lists and customer specific labels
- Verify part, model, description and serial number with pick list
- Update shipments holds and schedule releases when authorized
- Assist with packing units and creating molds. Reference material instructions (MI's)
- Enter weights, dimensions and pieces onto pick list
- Stack units onto pallets using straps, stretch wrap and applying shipping labels as required
- Schedule pick-up
- Maintain all required supplies and equipment associated with the packing of finished products and spare parts
- Adhere to all Safety, Quality, Environment, Security and Employee Handbook regulations
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SHIPPING CLERK
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Familiarity with US export Tariff Schedule B
- Hoist and forklift certification
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to log in, log out, and easily navigate through MS Windows-based interface.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Apply at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TDK1001TDKL/JobBoard/351d170d-bcc6-43a5-ab3e-27ed4825b228/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e72d9c46-8454-4a70-b5f0-c489621a406e