Behavioral Health Operations Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Operations, and the oversight of the Chief Behavioral Health Officer, the Behavioral Health Operations Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the behavioral health services in their assigned region. Responsibilities include ensuring the quality management of care delivery to patients and families, supporting and directing staff, overseeing the service delivery, budgets, and implementation of operational plans. The position is responsible for providing leadership and promoting the strategic directions and goals of the organization by applying and evaluating standards, policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Creates a positive partnership with BH Clinic Directors to effectively create, implement, and champion approved operational strategies within their region.
- Maintains and operates in accordance with department and organizational standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, as well as city, county, state and federal regulations.
- Completes regular rounding in-person at all sites within their region. Maintains an active present on site at the clinics within their region. Advises leadership on emerging issues and trends within the clinic sites.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships and partnerships with clinic managers, departmental managers, and clinic staff within their region.
- Maintains staff retention by participating in recruiting, interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training of operational and clinical staff. Coordinates onboarding of new staff within their region in partnership with clinic and technical leaders.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and evaluating job results; supporting direct supervisors in performance management through coaching and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, productivity, and quality standards; ensuring employees have necessary resources to succeed.
- Develops, implements, and monitors new initiatives and quality improvement activities within their region.
- Monitors existing programs and services to ensure contract compliance, timely goal accomplishment, and quality assurance and improvement, ensuring excellence in service delivery.
- Participates in third party audits and ensures audit readiness of all sites within their region by completing internal facility and EHR audits as assigned by clinic leadership.
- Works within and participates in the preparation of annual department budget. Reviews financial reports and expenditures as appropriate. Monitors appointment scheduling and productivity and proactively communicates with staff and leadership to ensure schedules are fully booked and productivity is maximized.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication, prepares reports and correspondence as needed or directed.
- Oversees and ensures patient satisfaction, resolves complaints, and addresses inquiries within their region.
- Assists in grant development and implementation activities within their region.
- Supports site management within the region, ensuring Behavioral Health facilities are maintained, safety standards are implemented and followed, and emergency policies and procedures are established and implemented appropriately.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a flexible schedule to allow for some after hour and/or weekend work, as well as emergency coverage of shifts to meet the needs/demands of clients, service, and/or department related activities and events.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Exhibits professionally appropriate interpersonal skills including but not limited to tact, patience, flexibility, and courtesy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in behavioral health or business administration related field
Apply at: https://us232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/syhealth/Posting/View/19458