RDA - National CityThe Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) assists the Dentist at chair side in the concept of four-handed dentistry and prepares patients in a manner that will instill confidence in the staff and services of the Dental Division.
- Complies with all aspects of patient intake such as taking and recording of blood pressure, pulse, tobacco status, medical alert review and documentation of medication list. Review and records clinical note in detail, treatment results, treatment planning, consents, referrals and any other pertinent documentation on patient records with accuracy.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports and written documentation including patient records, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
- Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and assists chair side in the concept of four-handed dentistry to include duties and procedures specific to the RDA scope such as fabrication, cementing and adjustment of temporary crowns, coronal polishing, placement and removal of temporary sedative fillings, impressions, applying non-aerosol and topical agents, removing post-extraction and periodontal dressing, assisting in the administration of nitrous oxide, holding anterior matrices and placing and removing rubber dams.
- Maintains a smooth, constant flow of patients from reception to operatories; coordinates the activities of several operatories through proper utilization of time, resources, abilities and patient needs.
- Complies with established OSHA policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Ensures the established infection control techniques are administered in accordance with department policy to maintain a safe and pleasant environment.
- Review patient records for accuracy and completeness; explains treatment recommended by the dentist in a manner that is understandable and supportive.
- Prepares equipment, instruments, material and operatories. Performs routine maintenance of equipment and restocking of materials.
- Operates X-ray equipment to make complete and/or selective oral radiographic services. Develops film by digital, automatic or manual processing methods; mounts and labels X-rays.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains and submits orders to maintain an adequate inventory of forms, clerical supplies, Xerox paper and equipment.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes. Comply with all HIPAA regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The Registered Dental Assistant reports directly to Dental Floor Supervisor and/or Dental Director.
Education: Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training.
Certification: Current RDA License. Radiation Safety Certificate, CPR Certificate, and Coronal Polish Certificate.
Apply at: https://us232.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/syhealth/Posting/View/19491